Monday, February 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #4


Here we go again. Monday seems to get here faster every week.

Posting my menus has been good for me. It holds me accountable. It's not that I know all of you. It's not that many others read my menu plan. But somehow I feel compelled to stick to the plan. That's good. It keeps me out of the drive-thru line and there's no pizza delivery guy at my front door. For more meal & recipe ideas visit OrgJunkie; thanks for hosting!
I had a request for the Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring recipe. I'm sharing (at bottom of post). My girls have already requested that I make this again.

Here's the plan for this week:


Monday - Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Cheesy Corn & Mac Casserole (recipe below)


Tuesday - Broccoli Cheese Soup, Caesar Salad, Biscuits


Wednesday - Leftovers from Monday


Thursday - Baked Ziti, Salad, Garlic Bread, Cherry Cheesecake (family favorites for Valentine's Day)


Friday - Fish Tacos, Coleslaw

***********************************
Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring

2-8oz. tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
1-10oz. can chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
3/4 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. finely chopped sweet red pepper (I used green)
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 T Dijon mustard
1 T Italian salad dressing mix

Grease a 14" pizza pan. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Place wide end of one triangle 3" from the edge of prepared pan with point overhanging the edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible). Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
***********************************
Cheesy Corn & Mac Casserole
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kernel corn (with juice)
1 c. elbow macaroni
6 oz. Velveeta, cubed
1/4 c. melted butter
minced onion to taste, optional
Mix all ingredients in an 8" or 9" oven proof dish. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.




1 comment:

D said...

Thank you, Thank you for the recipe! Looks delicious. Your menu plan for this week does too. Wish I could come to your house for dinner. :)