Sunday, March 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #8

Thanks to http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for hosting MPM each week. I absolutely love getting ideas for new recipes.


This is going to be a busy week so it's a good thing I've got a menu to keep me organized. The baking I had planned to do last week didn't get done until the weekend so we've got cookies in the cookie jar (plus Girl Scout cookies were delivered) and the blueberry muffins are ready for Monday's breakfast. I have a meeting for work out of town on Tuesday which will put me home later than usual and B3 has a choir/band concert that evening. That's throwing a wrench in my week as I'm going to have to rely on fast food that night for dinner because I won't have time to get anything put together at home before we have to be at the school. Ugh.

This week's menu is based on using up what we have on hand between the pantry and freezer. I want to clean out in the pantry. It seems like things always get pushed to the back and I don't know what I've got. Time to rotate stock.



Monday - Fettucine Alfredo, broccoli, garlic bread


Tuesday - fast food


Wednesday - Spinach Pie, raspberry muffins, salad, fresh fruit


Thursday - Turkey Chili with Corn Muffin Topping


Friday - Hamburger Gravy over mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits (I'll use the recipe in the link as my base for this gravy)



The spinach pie is a recipe I received years ago from a co-worker. It quickly became a family favorite.

Spinach Pie

3 eggs, lightly beaten

15 or 16 oz. container of cottage cheese

10 oz. pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained

1/2# grated colby or sharp cheddar cheese

1/4 c. melted butter

3 T flour

Crazy Salt (mine is Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Seasonings, Original Mixed-Up Salurt)



Combine all ingredients and place in a pie plate. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Delicous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The spinach pie sounds so good!
What a yummy menu!
Happy Monday!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *