Sunday, May 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #17



We are nearing the end of the school year and that has prompted me to think about the adjustments I will need to make in the next 10 days to our menu plan. During the school year, the girls eat lunch at school so it's a no-brainer for me. It will mean that I need to do a better job at planning for lunches (quick & easy) and snacks. It will mean spending a bit more at the grocery store but that is off-set by not having to pay for a school lunch account. I do tend to have more frozen pizzas and such on hand during the summer months but it's cheaper than trips to the drive-thru.

Here's what we'll be eating this week --
Monday - Hummus with pitas, fresh veggies, fruit and ice cream for dessert

Tuesday - Tuna salad sandwiches, fresh veggies, fruit

Wednesday - Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, peas

Thursday - Confetti Chicken Wraps (grilled chicken breast cut in thin strips and mixed w/pinto beans, corn, cheese and salsa)

Friday - Red Beans & Rice (Zatarrains Mix)

Saturday - A day out of the kitchen...we'll be attending graduation parties at both lunch time and dinner so we'll be eating there.

I hope to get some cookies baked this week too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very healthy menu plan you have this week.

I also have a kids activity pack giveaway in conjunction with my menu plan this week.

Kate said...

Nancy I am definitely going to have to try those chicken wraps. They sound so good, and I know they would be popular at our house.

Tonight on my blog I did a post in which I awarded you an E for Excellent award.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am very late in making my rounds this week! I guess I am taking it too easy on vacation! Your menu sounds very good. I love humus. Unfortunately I am the only one in my family that loves it so I don't buy it very often.
I hope you are having a great week.
Toni

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks delicious! How's it going so far with the menu this week (Thursday)?

Allie
www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Your week looks yummy!!