Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Family Tree


I'll be attending a family reunion over the Labor Day weekend. My mother and her siblings gather this weekend each year and it's a great opportunity to re-connect with the many aunts, uncles and cousins that I don't see on a regular basis. My girls of course, are absolutely dreading the thought of spending an entire day with distant relatives that they don't know. I'm willing to place a bet that there will be friendships with cousins that are re-kindled before we leave.
My favorite part of the reunion is looking at old photographs and viewing the old home movies. It's like taking a step back in time. The above photo is of my Grandma Rachel (my mom's mother - on the right) and her sister, Ella. I'm not sure of the year the photo was taken but it's safe to say it was in the early 1920's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a tradition worth keeping. I am sure that your girls will come home feeling good they went.