Rachel dubbed today as 'share your favorite soup recipe' day. Here's a favorite at our house.
Sausage and Red Bean Stew
- 1 pkg. Hot Italian Turkey Sausage Links, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon cayaenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 2 -15 oz. cans kidney beans
- 1-15 oz. can pinto beans
- 1-11 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can minestrone soup
Place sausage in a 6-qt. stockpot. Cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until brown. Season with cayenne pepper. Reduce heat to low, add onions and saute 5 more minutes or until cooked through and sausage is done. Add kidney beans, pinto beans, tomatoes and minestrone soup. Stir and simmer about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Serve with a crusty bread.
This soup will warm you up clear through! It's got a bit of a bite to it so our girls like to add a dollop of sour cream or wash it down with a cold glass of milk.
Photo by Honeysuckle White