Some days are like that. Even in Australia.
Do you know it?
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
I loved that book. Still do. I read it a hundred times to my girls. I can still tell that story by heart. And I still have the original that appeared in that 1970's something issue of Woman's Day. Bless my mother for keeping it.
Today I had one of those kind of days. Not the gum in my hair, not the no surprise in my cereal box, nor was it that they didn't have the shoes I wanted in my size. It was that kind of day in a grownup way. Ever have days like that? Not that anything in particular was a bad thing all by itself but my mountain grew as the day wore on. By the time 9:30 rolled around, I said, "That's it I'm done and going to bed."
Here's my day --
- The imposter showed up again today. What is it with girls? More specifically, what's up with my girl? Cranky pants.
- Irritation at work.
- Lack of communication on the homefront.
- I'm tired. It's only Tuesday. What's it going to be like by Friday?
- Weekend responsibilities that I'm not looking forward to. I know, I know. I shouldn't be thinking about them already.
- And my nightcap?? Drama between a teenage daughter and her dad. That is the most difficult thing for me to stomach.
I think I'll move to Australia.