Remember the L'oreal commercials? "Because I'm worth it."
That's what I've been thinking lately. As a busy mom, I have a tendency to put myself at the bottom of the list. I always see to it that everyone else in the family has what they need but I don't always do that for myself. Why? Probably because I'm tired by the time I get everyone else done.
My goal is to move myself up to the top of the list. Not always, but there's no reason I can't do a better job of taking care of myself.
I'm going to focus on myself for the month of April. Here's what I plan to do:
- Get a hair cut. I'm embarrased to admit when my last one was.
- Get my feet ready for sandal weather.
- Walk regularly. The weather is in a warming trend so this should be easier to do. 3 miles x 3 days a week is my goal. I know I'll feel better.
- Call the gym for pricing information for a family membership. Lawman has a membership (law enforcement officers get a special rate). I need to do some toning exercises for my upper arms and mid-section.
- Treat myself to a new summer dress. Have you seen the cute styles for this season? They're darling!
Do you make yourself a priority? How do you do it? Do you make it a priority to schedule time for yourself?