Over the course of the last week or so I've kept a running list of goals for myself and our family. Some may seem trivial to the eye of others but in my mind they are one step closer to achieving the big picture I have for myself and our family.
In no particular order, here are a few:
- Menu Planning ~ Currently I do this on a 2 week basis. I'm thinking about trying it for a full month.
- Purchasing Gifts Throughout the Year ~ I used to do this...then our situation changed several years ago with a job change and I've just never started again. This year I waited too long to begin Christmas shopping. No more.
- Make Use of Reusable Bags ~ I have several in my cabinet but I always seem to forget to take them with me to the grocery store. I don't have enough to hold my entire grocery shopping purchase but it would be a start.
- Daily Time with God ~ some days I'm good about this, other days not so much. Recently I signed up for daily devotions to be delivered to email from Proverbs 31. They're wonderful. This alone could have the largest impact in my life during 2010.
- Be Brave ~ I'm a girl who likes routine. And comfort. It's hard for me to get outside of my box but I need to. There are things I'd like to do but I don't either out of fear of failing or perfectionism (if I can't do it just right, why bother?...it sucks the wind right out of ya).
- Live Like No Other...So We Can Live Like No Other ~ Unfortunately I've spent a lot of my life looking at what others have/do. No more. What a waste of energy. Finally... I'm comfortable in my own skin and with my life. We (Lawman & me) know what we need to do that works for our family.
- Learn to Bake Scones ~ this was on the list last year but unfortunately it didn't happen. No more excuses. FishMama's Christmas Tree scones are darling.
- Family Vacation ~ our years of family vacations are numbered as our oldest is nearing high school graduation. This year we are planning a trip to Yellowstone in July and we'd like to do another trip if we can swing it.
That's the condensed version of my list. There are plenty of others in my notebook and I'll be sure to share them throughout the year as I start/accomplish them. Are you a goal setter? I'd love it if you'd share them in the comments.
Wishing you and yours a 2010 full of blessings and joy. Happy New Year!