No pics with this post. My camera is in Spokane, WA with Lawman and the girls. They're on a little trip to visit Lawman's family. Yes, that means I am home alone. First time in 17 years that I've been home all by myself. I've been home w/out Lawman or w/out the girls but never w/out any of them. It's a little weird, actually.
I've filled my days. Here's a list:
1. Girls night with 2 of my girlfriends. One brought margaritas, one stopped for Mexican take-out on the way over and I provided the movie (Sex and the City). Perfect way to start the weekend. The movie? My girls asked that I not return it until they watched it. I sent it back the next day. Can you say explicit? Holy cow! No way I'm providing it for my girls to watch.
2. Cleaned out and reorganized our pantry and lazy susan (which I hate by the way). Threw away partial bags of items that had been on the shelves for months, heck, maybe even years. All clean now and ready to be re-stocked.
3. Mowed the lawn. Lawman usually does this. Next time he does it, I'm going to tell him thank you. It was a hot, hot job!
4. Did recycling.
5. Took a nap. Yay!
6. Went to a "couples" wedding shower w/out my other half. A little weird but it was for our neighbor's son so I didn't dare try to skip out.
7. Planned a menu for 2 weeks.
8. Did grocery shopping. I love to go grocery shopping when I have a menu & list fully prepared!
9. Did batch cooking. School starts one week from tomorrow. Two girls in high school and one is on the dance team which means we are committed to attend Tuesday and Friday night sports to see her perform. Thinking about that prompted me to fill my freezer with "convenience items." Includes: 3.5# taco meat, 3.5# ground beef seasoned for Italian dishes, 2.5# cooked chicken - sliced and diced for planned meals, and 10 c. cooked brown rice. I still want to get 2 batches of cookie dough in the freezer but it's not gonna happen today.
10. Now, I'm going to go get a book and sit in my comfy chair for the remainder of the day.