Several years ago I discovered that the waffle iron can serve a dual purpose. It also works as a quesadilla maker. I know they make kitchen appliances that are specifically for making quesadillas but why spend the cash on one when my waffle iron works just fine?
Here's how I do it.
1) Prep the ingredients. Tonight we opted for veggie & cheese quesadillas. I sauteed green peppers, onions & mushrooms and shredded my cheese.
2) Heat up the waffle iron. You want it nice and hot before you start this.
3) Place a tortilla on the waffle iron. I use the burrito size. If you a round belgian waffle maker, you might want to use a smaller size tortilla.
4) Place your fillings on top of the tortilla and cover it with a second tortilla.
5) Close the lid.
6) Don't go very far because it won't take very long. Remove to a platter to cool and then cut. Repeat until you've made enough quesadillas to serve your family.
7) Serve with your choice of toppings -- salsa, sour cream, guacamole. I also served them with a side of black beans and rice.
Quick, easy and pretty fun for a weeknight meal.