Friday, January 14, 2011

eliminating the guilt


Unless you're new here, you know that I moved groceries and gas to an all cash budget last year. I'm expanding on that in 2011.

To help me with this, I purchased a couple of items -- zippered pouches (on the right) and folders (on the left). The new pouches have been marked for our new categories -- clothing, gifts, and entertainment.  All are necessary expenses (yes, even entertainment as it helps to keep us happy!) yet this way they are already planned for.

I've already discovered the joy of spending without the guilt. My payday was Monday. I went to the bank and got cash to put in my new zippered pouches. Tomorrow is the girls' winter formal. Both needed new, fancy flip flops to wear with their pretty dresses. Kohl's had the perfect flip flops, even in January in Kansas. I purchased a new pair for each of the girls. Guilt free. Yep. The money was already accounted for. Amazing how that works. Have cash. Can spend. No guilt. I-Heart-Cash.

5 comments:

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Good job! That is so great...we're working our way there...it'll be a while yet, though. But that's OK. Something is better than nothing. I've been saving all of my receipts to finally put together a budget. It must be done...

Anonymous said...

Cash is king!! This is great. I have been leaving my debit card at home again. Working from cash instead. I love seeing less and less bank transactions every week.

Sharon said...

Nancy!
I love the way you are keeping track of your cash! Yes, I HEART cash too!!! No overspending, no guilt. It just works. :)!

SZM said...

You go girl! Awesome!!

Mavis said...

I agree... cash works for me too!