Sunday, November 13, 2011

new shoes, new shoes


i celebrated a birthday just over a week ago. no milestone, just another year older. in-laws sent birthday cash. mom-in-law said to buy something with it i normally wouldn't buy for myself. i told her i planned to buy some dressy boots. something i could wear with skirts/dresses for work, church or play. she agreed that sounded like a good idea. 


took the girls to the mall with me today to help me shop. found the boots w/out much effort. good sale + coupon = more birthday cash left to spend.


next mission was a pair of brown shoes i could wear to work with my dress slacks. saw the shoe above in brown and had to try it on. no brown in my size so they suggested i try on the black pair and if i liked them they would be able to order them in. 


oh.my.word. put my foot in and it was as if i was walking on a pillow. decided i could easily use black rather than brown so i bought them with the idea that if they feel as good after a full day on my feet as they did when i tried them on, i will be back to order them in brown too. 


now all the birthday cash is gone but i've got new shoes, new shoes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love them.

fancy and comfortable = score :)

Sharon said...

That's awesome! So glad you bought something nice with the $$!

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Super cute!! I love them...right up my alley....and I need shoes, too. My poor loafers are about worn out...

cheryl said...

What brand are they?

It's so hard to find dress shoes that are COMFORTABLE.

Nancy said...

@ Cheryl ~ they are clark's. first pair of that brand i've ever owned and i'm wondering why i waited so long!