Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Word

Law-Man and I both grew up in church goin' families. We can't remember not going. Except for early in our marriage. Sorry God. That changed though when Blonde 2 was born. She was in church when she was just a couple of weeks old and when Blonde 3 arrived she was only 3 days old when she made her chuch debut. So, since we've had kids we've been back on track. And that's a good thing.

There's something about beginning a new week with my church family that gives me a really good feeling. I look forward to my Sunday School class. It's as if they love me unconditionally; just like my real family. I've shared laughter, tears, ups and downs with those folks and that creates a bond.

I read a scripture this week that struck me. It is Isaiah 42:16.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

I am glad the Lord leads me for I know not where I go. I do know that by trusting in Him and living by faith I will make it. It won't necessarily be easy but it is doable.






No comments: