Saturday, April 5, 2008

Birthday Party Update and A Family Favorite

Aren't you lucky today? You get two posts for the price of one! Oh Lordy. It's going to be a good day.

First, here's an update on Blonde 2's party. F.U.N. That's it in a nutshell. 4 girls came over for dinner at 6:00 - - tacos, chips and dip. By 6:50 they were in swimsuits and ready to hit the pool. Off to the city (ok, that's an exaggeration but we had to go to the town next to ours to find an indoor pool in early April). Of course they had to pose for pictures in their bikinis. And, how cute they looked. When you're 15, thin and adorable, bikinis are the suit of choice.

At 9:00 they loaded up and we headed home for brownies and ice cream (B2's dessert of choice - - she is her mother's daughter), opening gifts and then a Guitar Hero showdown. Oh what fun they had and at 11:00, even the birthday girl said she was tired. So we all drifted off to the land of sweet dreams.

Today we'll be shopping. B2 got some birthday money and it's burning a hole in her pocket. Can you imagine?

Now, here's todays freebie....

I want to share with you a family favorite. Homemade pizza. It's taken me years to find our favorite pizza crust. I'm not a pan or deep dish pizza crust lover. Too much bread. (But I love bread. Why is it that I want a minimal portion of it with pizza?) I prefer a thin and crispy crust. That's because I like a crunch factor! Ask my family. They think it's nuts.

Anyway, I can't even begin to tell you how many different recipes I have tried for homemade crust. Nor can I tell you how many were good, bad or ugly. What I can tell you is what we have come to know as our f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. And had it been something that I had tried earlier, I could have saved myself a lot of work. It's readily available on the grocery store shelf and has been for years. Years I tell ya.




That's right folks. A 33 cent box of Jiffy Pizza Crust mix! Can you believe it? All you add is water. How much simpler can it get?


Can you say yum-o? Mmmm. Good.

No comments: