Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thinking Ahead

I've been giving some thought to what lies ahead. (Rachel prompted me to do this.) It appears, from looking at my calendar, that I need to begin preparing. Preparing for back-to-school.



And specifically, in looking at today's appointments, it appears that I've already started. B2 & B3 have dr. appointments today for shots and a sports physical. However, don't let this fool you. I'm not that organized. Yet. Oh, but I will be.



I need to make a list. And check it twice. (I do realize it's not Christmas but I need to be doubley sure I don't leave anything undone.) There's much to do -- buy school supplies, complete enrollment forms, purchase sports shoes, practice gear, and of course my girls will tell you the-ever-so-important-first-day-of-school-outfit. (A good first impression is a MUST for teenage girls!)



I probably better go through a couple of closets too. Especially the coat closet. I realize we don't need jackets just yet but if I don't do this now the first cool morning will arrive and no one will have a jacket to wear. Same thing happens with jeans. That first cold snap shows up at our door and my girls have nothing but shorts and capris that fit. Is there any other mother that suffers from this?? Please tell me that I'm not alone.


So what will you be preparing for in the coming days?





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're off to a great start and way ahead of me in terms of planning!

Kate said...

I can not believe it is time for that already. It seems like just yesterday I was reading about your preparations for the end of the school year! How time flies!

It sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead, but it also sounds like you have the makings of a few prepared and organized weeks also. That's awesome!

amanda said...

Oh, wow! The things to come...

I'm sure you will pull everything together very successfully!

P.S. How did the room turn out?

Monica said...

Good planning! I love to plan in advance to because I've learned if its not in advance for me its late. Somehow I can't get it right on time!