Thursday, August 7, 2008

Following Through



A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I would be preparing for back-to-school.

Fortunately I've been able to follow through on that plan. I've managed to clean out the bedroom closets of both girls in the past 2 weeks. What a chore that was! It's amazing how stuff just seems to multiply in my home. The deal I made with both girls was that there would be no shopping for back-to-school wardrobes until we cleaned their closets and dressers. This provided the motivation they needed to stay on task and provided an opportunity for me to know what they had, what fit, what was missing, etc.

The girls and I have done the shopping since the cleaning. I'm glad to report that they did an excellent job in their choice of items to purchase. And the clearance racks were our friend. Both girls managed to get 3 or 4 pair of shorts with about the same number of tops for just pennies on the dollar. They're happy with the new clothes and I'm happy that they didn't break the bank! The only items left on the list are fall jackets and jeans.

Today Lawman and B2 took 4 large bags of clothes to the thrift store along with a collection of books. I took a very large shopping bag of the nicer quality books to the second-hand bookstore today where we will receive credit to use on future purchases.

I just love it when I get stuff out of my house. What a nice feeling! One more closet to go.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Great job Nancy. I love the feeling of getting stuff out of the house too. And that's so awesome that the girls were able to get some new clothes for so little.

I was thinking of your girls while watching the Olympics last night. Do they get really excited watching the swimming? I remember I used to glue myself to the tv to watch techniques and times.