Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday | March 8-14


Last week was anything but smooth. We had something extra every night but Thursday. And, as you might expect, my menu didn't go as planned. The good news is that we ate at home and did not venture to the drive-thru.


Each week I like to do a bit of baking so that we have breakfast foods and snacks/treats available throughout the week. Last weekend I made a pan of toll house bar cookies and a loaf of lemon bread. Neither one lasted very long. That seems to be the case with all baked goods around here.





This weekend I made Floresville Coffee Cake and Oatmeal Caramel Bars. The coffee cake recipe made 2 cakes. My plan was to leave one out for this morning's breakfast and I would pull the 2nd one out later in the week. Not gonna happen. The first one is gone and the 2nd one is out for tomorrow morning's breakfast. I know the bar cookies won't last through the week.


Here's what I have on the menu this week, in no particular order.


Grilled Steak, Baked Potato & Green Beans (had this tonight)


Baked Tilapia with Lots of Spice, potato wedges, steamed veggies


Spaghetti with Sauce (adding ground turkey & spinach to the sauce), garlic bread


Burrito Bowls (using seasoned black beans from the freezer)


Breakfast Meal of some sort; either a multi-grain pancake with fruit or a potato and egg casserole


Chicken Cacciatore (crockpot)


For more menu ideas, please stop by Menu Plan Monday hosted by Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Amy said...

The snacks go so fast here in our house too! I can barely keep anything in our house for any length of time. Sometimes I can't even steal a picture of it :)

Your menu plan sounds delicious, as always!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I was drawn to your blog on Org Junkie based on the name. Then I saw that you're a Kansas girl, too! I was raised in Overland Park (KC) and went to K-State. Great Kansas minds must think alike. Nice to "meet" you - your menu looks delish!