Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pineapple Bread



Last weekend I mistakenly opened a can of crushed pineapple. Since it wasn't the ingredient I needed at the time, I put it in a plastic container and placed it in the fridge until I figured out how to use it.


In an attempt to clean out my fridge, I searched the internet for a recipe for Pineapple Quick Bread. I made the recipe as directed with the exception of the walnuts. I didn't include them because I didn't have any in the cabinet.


The recipe says to prepare 2 loaf pans, which I did. Next time I think I'd only make one. You can see from the picture above that the loaves are very short and compact.


It still tastes yummy. This recipe can serve double-duby as it would be good for breakfast, as a snack, or even for dessert. I think this recipe would lend itself to versatility too -- you could add mashed banana or coconut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love pineapple - yum!