Wednesday, September 15, 2010


.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.  Colossians 4:6
The Lord is speaking to me. This scripture has come to mind time and time again during the last week. And even though it's come to mind, it's difficult for me to remember to live it until it pops into my brain again.  And again.

Maybe I've been cranky. Irritable. Frustrated. In need of some solitude. Whatever it is, I know He's reminding me to be careful in choosing my words. And my thoughts ~ you know, those things you think you'd like to say that aren't necessarily very nice. Think before I speak. (That's hard for me as speaking my thoughts (too soon) is one of my biggest faults.) And when I do speak, use nice words. Ugly words make ugly people.

Lord, please put graceful words on my tongue so that I may show kindness and love to others.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Nancy,
You must have written these words for me. It's been that kind of week....I will be saying this prayer too...morning, noon and night.

Thanks for posting...

Anonymous said...

sometimes it is best to just say nothing at all. yikes, that is hard though. this is something i am working on as well. xoxo

SZM said...

I really need to join you on this. I have bee so cranky lately....thanks for the reminder.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm right there with ya. I've bitten my tongue so many times this week that I'm surprised it's not bleeding.

I love what you said about ugly words making ugly people. Makes me think of that verse: let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You. I want those things to reflect a heart that loves the Lord. I'm afraid sometimes they're more of a refection of the ugly stuff I let creep in. Ugh.

Wren said...

Thanks for this. I tape bits of scripture inside my medicine cabinet to read as I brush in the am...silly, but it helps. This is one for the cabinet. It is so easy to let the ugly fly. I so need to work on that too.. xo