Sunday, September 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #33


Monday is the official first day of fall. I love that we experience 4 seasons where we live. Each one is special in its own way. Spring and Fall are my favorites. With fall comes the turning of the leaves, football, and my willingnes to cook & bake again. Knowing that I can turn on the oven w/out having to think about how hot the house will get inspires me to get busy in the kitchen. Given that, I've been perusing the cookbooks again and making a list of the breads, soups & stews that I want to try this fall.

Two weeks ago I made Cinnamon Delight Bread. I can't tell you what a hit it was with the family. It disappeared almost as soon as it was sliced. They've been requesting it since so this morning I made another batch. The girls love it sliced with butter for breakfast.

I filled the cookie jar this morning too. Fortunately I had a batch of chocolate chip bar cookies in the freezer. I love it when things are that easy!

Here's our menu for the week.

Sunday - Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Corn Dip & Chips (recipes below)

Monday - Chicken & Broccoli Lo Mein, Egg Rolls

Tuesday - Taco Pasta

Wednesday - Tuna Burgers, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

Thursday - Dinner out; B3 has a volleyball game out of town

Friday - Grilled hot dogs, Homemade Potato Wedges, Chocolate Mug Milkshakes

Saturday - Parmesan Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Salad or Vegetable


Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches (from my friend Kim)
12 potato rolls
1.5 lbs. thinly sliced deli ham
1 pkg. sliced swiss cheese
3/4 c. margarine
1/4 c. mustard
1/2 c. chopped onion
1t. dill seed or celery seed

Mix margarine, mustard, onion and seasoning together. Split rolls and spread with this. Layer with ham & cheese. Wrap each sandwiches in foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. These are excellent and they travel well for picnics, etc.

Corn Dip (from my sister-in-law, Nancy)
2 cans Mexicorn, drained
10 oz can Extra Hot Rotel, drained
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. real mayo
1 c. sour cream
5-8 diced green onions

Combine all ingredients and allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Serve with Big Scoop Fritos.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I am new and hope I can stick to my plan. Have a great week!

mub said...

Thanks for sharing the hot ham and cheese sandwiches, it's so simple but it never occurred to me to make them that way!

Courtney said...

Yummy, several of those sound good. I love potato rolls and have made little sandwiches w/ those before, they are great!

Amy said...

That sounds like another yummy menu plan! We are going to have to make some more of that cinnamon bread for our house!

Lisa said...

That is funny that you have corn dip on your menu this week as i was searching through all my recipes and came across a corn dip recipe that a friend from tx gave me a few years back which is slightly different then yours. I had planned on making it this week too....it is soooo yummy and very addicting :)

Rechelle said...

That corn dip is like crack cocaine it is so good and you just can't stop eating it..