- Start shopping for gifts before Thanksgiving.
- It's ok to send Christmas cards out after December 25. Friends & family will still be glad to hear from you.
- If gifts don't arrive on time via US mail, it's ok. This just extends the celebration.
- Purchasing gifts for each other (spouse) while shopping together is ok. Just don't wrap your own.
- If you don't get the homemade rolls made for Christmas dinner, Pillsbury croissants work just fine.
- After 3 days of being together 24/7 we could all use a little space.
- When playing board games with a 12 year old there's no reason to read the rules. She already knows them all.
- Watching hours and hours of movies together is a good way to spend an evening.
- After spending days in the kitchen preparing food, it's ok to tell the family they are on their own for dinner. I am not cooking -- no way, no how!
- It's ok to eat more than one slice of pie for dessert. More than once a day.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
My Post-Christmas List
Here's a few things I learned this Christmas.