Sunday, February 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #5




This is a busy week. Two nights of parent/teacher conferences, a swim team meeting and book club this week require several easy meals. Thanks to OrgJunkie for hosting MPM. Take a peek here for other menu ideas.

Monday - Chicken Fettucine with Broccoli

Tuesday - Red Beans & Rice (Zatarain's box mix, love this stuff)

Wednesday - Texas Beans, Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Zucchini & Yellow Squash

Thursday - Stove-Top Tuna and Noodles

Friday - Stir Fry -- chicken, sugar snap peas, mushrooms with brown rice

I'm using the last of some pre-cooked chicken on Monday and trying a Knorr's garlic sauce mix. Tuesday's red beans and rice is a Zatarain's box mix; I love this stuff. I'm going to add some sausage which I cooked up tonight. It will kick the flavor up a notch. Texas Beans is a recipe from my mom. Not even sure you can call it a recipe as we just dump and stir....a little of this, a little of that. It's got ground beef, pork & beans, green pepper, onion, brown sugar and mustard. A favorite from my childhood.

I don't indicate side dishes for each night but we've always got salad, fruit and bread on hand to round out the meals if neded.

I baked chocolate chip cookies this weekend so the cookie jar is full. I also baked a banana coffee cake late last week so that should tide us over for sweets. Hope you all have a good week!

No comments: