Saturday, October 25, 2008

Magic Corn






Jiffy Pop popcorn is not a staple on my shopping list. However, B3 noticed it on the grocery store shelves a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued by it's unusual packaging. I told her she could throw it in the cart. I thought it might provide a bit of evening fun for us.


Thursday evening I suggested that popcorn would be a good snack while watching a family favorite tv show. I asked B3 if she'd like to make it for us.






B3 got a little nervous at this point. She was sure it would explode. I tried to reassure her that it would be ok but instead she handed her duties off.


Lawman got in on the action as soon as it was ready.




It was a fun activity for B3 but we all agreed that it wasn't quite as tasty as our usual popcorn but most of it disappeared.


(Note to self: This would be great on a camping trip.)


4 comments:

Irma said...

Jiffy Pop is a HIGHLIGHT of all our camping trips every summer. I also buy it once or twice each winter and make it on the stove, as you did, and it helps us remember what summer and vacation feel like. That stuff is magic, wish I had some now...

Anonymous said...

yes, we used to always take jiffy pop camping.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun to make! We've never made popcorn on the stove before. Very cool!

Unknown said...

SS#1 discovered Jiffy Pop about a month ago and we made it for the first time. He is a popcorn freak and LOVED the "special treat".