- 3 T lime juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. leftover turkey, chopped
- 1-10oz. bag large-size white, yellow or blue tortilla chips
- 1-16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 1-16 oz. jar salsa
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sour cream, guacamole & cilantro to garnish (optional)
Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin and garlic powder; toss with turkey in a small bowl and season with salt & pepper. Let sit for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator to marinate for extra flavor.
Heat oven to 425. Make a layer of tortilla chips to cover the bottom of a large 12 to 14 inch round or oval baking dish. Evenly spoon refried beans over chips. Top with turkey and sprinkle with 1 c. shredded cheese.
Make another layer of tortilla chips. Spoon half the salsa evenly over chips. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
Bake nachos until heated through and cheese melts and begins to bubble, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot with remaining salsa, sour cream, guacamoli and cilantro, if desired.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!