Sunday, March 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

We did a great job last week of sticking to our menu plan. I feel so good when that happens. No trips to the drive-thru. No 5:00 panic because I didn't know what I was doing for dinner. That right there is the whole reason why I do menu planning.


However, my creative juices aren't flowing tonight. Lawman will be gone for 2 evening meals this week which means I can manage w/out a plan. When it's just the girls and me, I can make do with grilled cheese, pancakes or something else that doesn't require any planning ahead. Don't tell, but we've been known to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner when he's gone.


Here's what I do have planned, in no particular order.




Bagel Pizzas, Salad
(I made these tonight. One-third of them went into the freezer for a quick meal for the girls. They are so good; much better than the boxed ones from the grocery freezer.)

Thai Style Ground Beef with rice


Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower, Spinach Salad


Chicken Pepper Steak with rice




We had nasty weather on Saturday so I spent part of the day in the kitchen. I had a batch of white chili and a cookie jar full of homemade peanut butter cookies to show for my effort. I also had one very happy girl. I even managed to get extra points because I left a bit more dough in the bowl than usual. For her, life is good.


For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love cereal nights