Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lessons Learned

Here's a few lessons I learned last week during Vacation Bible School.

~ it doesn't take long to fall in love with a child ~ it's nice to have others prepare the evening meal ~ i prefer crafts that don't invole lots of paint and glue ~ i miss exercising ~ i'm not cut out to work 14 hour days every week ~ i need time to unwind at the end of the day ~ new songs don't take long to learn ~ my oldest daughter is a great pre-school teacher ~ my youngest daughter likes to have responsibility ~ young children crave the human touch ~ it's sad that not all children get it ~ excitement in a child is easy to see ~ i smile at joy in the face of a child ~ youngsters can praise our Creator ~ per a child, "sin is black & ugly" ~ per a child, "Jesus makes me clean like i just took a bath" ~

It was a good week at VBS. I'm always glad it's over but it's worth the time and energy required of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give you a lot of credit for working in VBS. I know that it could not have been easy each night to go. I hope you take today for some rest and relaxation. You are very deserving!

and, the lessons we learn from kids are amazing : )

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Oh my goodness...the comments from the children about sin brought tears to my eyes. God is so good. Both of my boys gave their hearts to Jesus at VBS...different years...but VBS nonetheless. It's an invaluable tool...and a blessing that you were able to be a part of it. xoxox Rest up!

Wren said...

Amen for lessons learned. I love seeing the world through the eyes of children.

Anonymous said...

children are so wise...to think most of the time we think we are teaching them. my girls teach me lessons everyday!