Tuesday, March 2, 2010

investing in glass



Remember that I told you I was opting out of plastic? I took another step in the right direction this week by investing in glass. I'd been on the lookout for these 2 cup glass containers with lids. I happened to find them in-stock this weekend and the package I picked up was the last one on the shelf. Makes me wonder if others aren't pitching the plastic too.

I can't wait to put them to use. I know my family thinks I'm crazy....really, who gets excited over new storage containers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do. my neighbor got these little glass containers (like one cup) from Pampered Chef and I am drooling over them.

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I do, too!! I am working my way towards glass slowly but surely...it keeps the food so much fresher!

O.M.G. said...

i know what you mean. i'm working on the glass transition too. my suggestion....wide mouth mason jars. i put nuts, flour, oatmeal...everything in my jars. i have a blog post about it actually. i have even started mixing up my pudding or my iced coffee, freezing spaghetti sauce or feezing cooked beans in the jars since i don't have other typical storage containers. and you know how you lose lids and then your out of luck? well, you can buy a box of mason jar replacement lids for a few bucks. i could go on and on, obviously. :)

kimj said...

You do, Nancy...and that's why we love you!! :)