Sunday, February 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Thanks to OrgJunkie for hosting MPM. Be sure to go here for more menu/recipe ideas.

I had a request for my spaghetti carbonara recipe from last week. It's very easy and always a favorite with the family.

Spaghetti Carbonara

1 lb. spaghetti

1/4 lb. lean bacon, diced

3/4 c. grated Parmesan

3 eggs lightly beaten

1/4 c. white wine (optional)

1 tsp. pepper

Cook spaghetti in rapidly boiling water until tender. While spaghetti is cooking, fry bacon over low heat until crisp. Mix cheese, eggs and wine (if using). Drain spaaghetti and return it to the pot. Pour egg mixture over the hot spaghetti; add pepper and 2 T. of very hot bacon fat. Heat of spaghetti will cook the egg mixture. Transfer to hot platter and garnish with bacon.

Here's our menu for the week --

Monday - Bacon Chicken Crescent Ring, Peas, Apricots

Tuesday - Tuna Patties, French Fries, Green Beans

Wednesday - Breakfast for Dinner

Thursday - Spaghetti or Taco Pasta



Friday - Mexican Turkey & Rice with Tortillas


The Bacon Chicken Crescent Ring is from the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Simple & Deliscious (I tried to provide a link but it is in the subscriber only section of their site). The Tuna Patties recipe came from the Starkist web site years ago. Apparently it is no longer available there. If you'd like the recipes, let me know and I'll be happy to post them. Have a good week!

















3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Your spaghetti recipe looks really good. I need to try that!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...come by anytime!

D said...

That spaghetti recipe looks yummy! I'd love to get the bacon chicken crescent ring recipe too! THanks for posting your menu!

Kathryn said...

I've been looking for a good and easy spaghetti recipe...I'll be trying that soon.

Have a wonderful week