Sunday, January 30, 2011

weekend


I'm ready to sit down and relax. It's been a busy weekend....all of us in different directions.

Girls had a Future Business Leaders of America district competition all day yesterday. I'm glad to report that they both placed and will be moving on to State competition in March. Makes me a proud mama, those girls....Lawman went on a hunting trip. Sounds like there is a bird shortage this year but I'm sure he'll have a surplus of male bonding stories to share!....and I spent yesterday with my mother. She's always glad to see me. I cleaned out and organized her closet for her. She told all the other ladies in the care home too. I thought she might rent me out before the day was over!....as if that wasn't enough in a day, the girls and I did dinner out to celebrate their victories and then on to the grocery store. I don't like unloading/putting away at 8pm. It would have been ok had I stopped with the shopping but no, I began the weekly food prep and didn't finish that until 10pm. Why do I do that? Today I did my weekly baking so there's no reason for me to hear anything about nothing to eat/snack on in the house. I even prepped a veggie tray and there is dip to go with it in the fridge not to mention hummus, crackers and cheese.

Are you ready for another week? Wishing you a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And did you draw extra water? What with the gloom & doom forecast? I piled lots and lots of firewood in the basement, filled a couple of buckets of water for flushing toilets, and filled about every pitcher and jar that I could find for drinking water. And I will be putting a roast in the crock pot before I go to bed tonight. Hope it misses us! You'll be glad to have all your prep & baking to fall back on.

Down the road Ks. Grandma

Anonymous said...

okay, sure. I have not done anything today!! Now, I feel lazy compared to you. Well done my friend :)

SZM said...

I can't believe another weekend has come and gone...they go too fast!

Mavis said...

I make extra veggie and food trays for the fridge too... it's nice to know I'm not the only one... It makes homework time go much faster :)